Key areas of expertise
Mwangi is a member of KMK’s commercial and conveyancing department and specialises in Real Estate u0026amp; Property Management matters including real estate development for commercial and residential properties, advising on real estate and property matters, preparing documentation for various property transactions including acquisitions and dispositions, creating and perfecting securities for various corporate and individual clients, reviewing and drafting a variety of commercial agreements and conducting legal due diligence.
Before joining KMK, Mwangi was a pupil at the Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice where he worked in the Treaties and Agreements Division, drafting and reviewing international and domestic agreements on behalf of the Government of Kenya and reviewing contracts on behalf of Government Departments and Agencies, including major Public Private Partnership agreements. He also worked in the Civil Litigation Department preparing pleadings and submissions for matters before the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Advising a leading real estate company in an ongoing apartment development project in Kileleshwa.
- Advising a leading local bank with international presence in the preparation and perfection of security documentation.
- Advising a leading international Fintech and Financial Services company in reviewing and drafting its commercial and legal agreements and conducting legal due diligence on aspects of its local operations.
- Advising a leading commercial investor with commercial property along Statehouse Road in the preparation of lease documentation, due dillegence and all aspects of regulatory compliance.
- Advising various clients in reducing their tax liabilities and with tax compliance in various transactions.
- Advising a client in a contentious matter before the High Court, involving multi-million real-estate development and assisiting in protecting their legal interests.
- Advising various clients in immigration matters concerning their status and compliance with immigration statutes.