Key areas of expertise
Wamaitha is a partner of KMK Advocates. She has over 15 year’s experience as a civil litigation lawyer specializing in family law, succession, legislative drafting, employment, criminal law, civil rights, mediation and arbitration, working with many national and international firms.
Wamaitha holds a Bachelor Degree (BA) in Psychology, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree, post graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law and is currently undertaking a Masters Degree in Human Rights.
She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, the Law Society of Kenya, a commissioner of the disciplinary tribunal and an accredited Mediator of the Judiciary. Wamaitha is an active member of the Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA-Kenya) a Pro-bono Legal Aid Scheme, the Cradle Foundation- Pro-bono Legal Aid Scheme and Kituo Cha Sheria.
She was appointed to serve in the Practice Standards and Ethics Committee of the Law Society of Kenya. She actively holds lectures and seminars for post graduates in areas of ethics on principles of the disciplinary tribunal, human rights, arbitration, mediation and public interest litigationat Kenya School of Law and Strathmore University.
- Preparation of documents for international leading banks
- Advised on the drafting of production sharing contracts and joint development agreements for the Government of Kenya on the Early oil Pilot Scheme
- Reviewed the legislative drafting of the Petroleum bill 2015, in comparison to the Petroleum (Exploration and Production) Act in view of the pipeline project
- Advised on access to Justice in East Africa to children in the provision of legal representation and advocated for provisions under the laws
- Initiated collaboration between the Advocates Complaints Commission, the LSK Disciplinary Tribunal and Kenya School of Law